Saturday, January 19, 2013

Rosie Parks Oyster Stout

Price: IDK, Jess got it for me.
POP: Ditts
Fordham Brewing
This beer is named after a skipjack. I'm down with naming beers after ships, especially local ones. Also satisfies my preference for beer labels with moving water, although the oystering beds. of the Chesapeake wouldn't be my ideal source for brewing water. If the guys on the Rosie Parks drank anything at all (Most watermen are Methodists. In my personal experience with these people, the blood of Christ is Welch's in a plastic dose cup.) it was probably High Life and Lord Calvert, not a fancy stout.
The label claims the beer is brewed with real oysters and oyster shells. Shell fragments (I hope) are visible at the bottom of the bottle. Not much head, quickly dissipates. Beautiful burnt umber color with red and gold highlights. Still maintains a subtle effervesence, pleasant on the tongue. Leather, coffee, faint ocean taste at the end. B+

No comments:

Post a Comment