Saturday, January 19, 2013

Peeper Ale

Price: 5.99
POP: Eddie's Liqours
Maine Beer Company
A peeper is a tiny frog that I thought Maine was too cold for, but I guess not. My experience of Maine as a college student was only from September to May. Most of what I remember was cold and dark. Maine is a great state to not be a Colby student in, though. It is also home to some great beers. I never had this one when I was up there, which is just as well since I had my head pretty far up my ass in those days. Huge head. Bright, subtle citrus. Not overly hopped in any way. An abundance of tiny bubbles. Raw honey, fresh cut pine. Extremely light and refreshing. Extremely light lemon peel aftertaste. Restorative and invigorating. The most delicious beer I've had this winter. Good price, too. A+

No comments:

Post a Comment