Thursday, September 6, 2012

Holy Shit, Football

Last night, the Cowboys beat the Giants 24-10 with a couple of key catches from UVA/Queens product Kevin Ogletree. I hate the Cowboys. I don't really know why, I just do. Hate is a strong emotion.
The last year has basically been one long and convincing argument about how deeply wrong, fucked up, and stupid football is. I have never been more conflicted about watching football.
Is football basically one of those contemporary things that you do even though you know someone is getting hurt or killed for it? Like filling up your gas tank or buying a smartphone?
Yes, and maybe it always has been. Perhaps without it, the nation's latent homoerotic and mechanophiliac tendencies would explode into a second and completely chaotic Civil War.

I still hate the fucking Cowboys.

No comments:

Post a Comment