Saturday, February 16, 2013

Blackwing Lager

Blackwing Lager, straight out the tank!!
POP: Union Craft Brewing, 1700 Union Ave Suite B, Baltimore, MD (Down in Woodberry). Open Saturdays only, 1-4pm.
Price: 64 oz Growler = $17 dollars, $10 refill.
         Union Craft Brewery has been around since 2011, but is still basically unavailable 2.5 miles away from the brewery in Waverly. None of my usual liquor stores carries it. I first got hip to it at W.C. Harlan's, where the Blackwing Lager is sold on draft as "the dark beer". It is always smooth and delicious there, and served in a beautiful icy cold brandy snifter. I had a hard time finding it for home enjoyment until I found out the brewery is open in the afternoons on Saturday. I highly recommend stopping by and trying all the varieties. FREE SAMPLES!
         Blackwing is the motherfucking shit. I love this shit. Coffee, molasses, leather. Medium sized bubbles. Sweet, not hoppy. No bite at the end. Gnarly fish, like smoked bluefish. Oysters. French fries, onion quesadillas. I did have a bit of a headache the next day, but that's probably what you get for not sharing your growler with others.
Reddish in the light
Same dude

No comments:

Post a Comment